|Date of Birth:||July 15, 1972|
|Birth Place:||Kansas City, Kansas, United States|
|Full Name:||Scott Kellerman Foley|
|First appearance:||"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"|
Scott Kellerman Foley is an American television and film actor and director who portrays Jake Ballard on ABC's Scandal. Beside the portrayal of Jake Ballard, he has also directed a few episodes of Scandal.
His mother passed away when he was 15-years-old, which changed his relationship with his father; they were closer before her death. He attended the Red Arrow Summer Camp for boys in 1989.
He has two younger brothers, approximately two years apart in age; one is fellow actor Sean Foley. Scott has lived all over the world including Tokyo, Japan for four-and-a-half years, and Sydney, Australia for three years. He graduated from high school in St. Louis, Missouri.
Scott married his current wife Marika Dominczyk on June 5, 2007; together they have three children. He was previously married to Jennifer Garner from October 19, 2000 to March 30, 2004; they met on the set of Felicity (1998).
Scott Foley is known for roles in television shows such as The Unit, Felicity and Scandal, and in films such as Scream 3. He has also guest starred in series including Dawson's Creek, House, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy and Cougar Town.
Foley's breakthrough role was playing Noel Crane on Felicity. Foley has had recurring guest appearances on Scrubs as Elliot Reid's boyfriend, Sean Kelly and on Dawson's Creek as Cliff. Foley was nominated for a Teen Choice Award/Film as Choice Sleaze bag for his role in Scream 3. Aside from acting, Foley directed one episode of Felicity (called "The Graduate"), one episode of Monk, called Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month, in season 3, along with one episode of The Unit. He also produced the sitcom A.U.S.A., on which he appeared. He had a starring role in CBS military drama The Unit, throughout its entire four season run, as Sergeant First Class Bob Brown. He guest-starred as a drug addicted baseball pitcher on House.
Scott Foley appeared in three episodes of ABC's comedy Cougar Town. He signed on to play a businessman being shown houses by the show's resident real estate agent, Jules; played by Courteney Cox, reuniting with her nine (9) years after Scream 3. Foley and Cox's characters began dating but it ended quickly as his character wanted a more serious relationship than on-the-rebound Jules. After appearing on Shonda Rhimes' Grey's Anatomy, Foley appeared as a guest star on the second season of her hit show Scandal as captain Jake Ballard. News of Foley’s casting was revealed in January 2013. Later that year he was added as a regular to the cast.
Scandal Directing Credits
- Shonda killed off Scott's character on Grey's Anatomy so that he could play Stephen Finch on Scandal, but didn't end up playing because ABC wanted somebody with international appeal for the role.
- Scott was later called in to play Jake Ballard, a love interest of Olivia Pope, by Shonda.
- In order to break the tension, Scott makes farting sounds pretty much every time before they start to shoot a scene on Scandal, which is now like a tradition and everyone on set do the sounds.
- Scott speaks Japanese fluently.
- Scott was promoted to series regular in season three. 
- → See and enjoy 170 pictures of Scott Foley at Images of Scott Foley.
Scott Foley and Marika Dominczyk
Scott's - Behind the Scenes Photos
- → Watch more videos of Scott Foley at Category:Videos of Scott Foley.
- Scott Foley on IMDB
- Scott Foley on Wikipedia
- Click here to tweet with Scott Foley
- Click here to connect with Scott Foley on Facebook
- Scott Foley tag on The Ellen Show