Olivia Pope & Associates (OPA) Law Firm - is based on Judy Smith's own real-life firm, Smith & Company. "OPA" is located at 1970 K. Street, Washington, D.C., 20006.
The firm was originally names Olivia Pope & Associates but the firm was given to Quinn Perkins and renamed Quinn Perkins & Associates after Olivia Pope became President Mellie Grant's White House Chief of Staff.
QPA is a crisis management and communications firm, it is often mistaken for a law firm, the organization actually provides crisis management, strategic communications, public affairs and public relations counsel to clients facing a broad spectrum of issues and challenges.
A short-lived associate to the firm was David Rosen; after the team destroyed his job as an AUSA; they took him on as a client and eventually he began helping them; his time there was brief and he had an agenda... to retrieve the Cytron card. But he continues to consult with them from time-to-time.
After Quinn is tricked into betraying the team Huck first tortures her against Olivia's orders. When she returns to the office Huck tells her that she's not a gladiator anymore. Olivia tries to get her back but Quinn threatens to shoot her if she doesn't back off. ("YOLO", "A Door Marked Exit", Ride, Sally, Ride", "We Do Not Touch the First Ladies")
- When Stephen was still a part of the team; he and Olivia were partners ("Sweet Baby")
- For a while Stephen and Abby were partners before he departed.("Dirty Little Secrets")
- Harrison took Quinn underneath his wing showing her the ropes. ("Sweet Baby)
- Quinn also partnered up with Olivia when they took Amanda Tanner on as a client ("Dirty Little Secrets" / "Hell Hath No Fury")
- Harrison & Abby became partners after Stephen's departure. (Hunting Season)
- Huck was Quinn's mentor, their partnership lasted for a brief time. Huck disbanded their partnership when she killed a man they needed to speak to. ("Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" / "Everything's Coming Up Mellie")