He was raised in Eatonville, FL and worked for the Orlando Sentinel prior to his acting career.
He grew up in the oldest Black chartered Municipality in the US, Norm always dreamed big. Known as a very versatile performer, he has been seen in films, on television, Broadway, Opera and Concert Halls around the country and the world. He started off by singing in the Church Choir, High School, and College Choirs along with honing his talents as an actor in the professional theaters around his hometown. He was spotted by a producer while singing at a bar in Orlando, and was asked to perform in a show on Premier Cruise Lines, which eventually lead him to New York.
Norm has enjoyed both working and living in New York and Los Angeles for over two decades now and has many future endeavors coming up.
He has appeared on Broadway as well as regional theatre. Regionally he has been seen in Dreamgirls with Jennifer Holliday, Ragtime, The Fantastics, Baby, Company, and the title role in Sweeney Todd.
- Porgy in The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (2012)
- King Triton in The Little Mermaid (2008-2009)
- Javert in Les Misérables (2006-2008)
- Painter in Amour (2002)
- Eddie Mackrel in The Wild Party (2000)
- Jake in Side Show (1997-1998)
- Billy Flynn in Chicago (2004)
- John in Miss Saigon (1991-2001)
TV Recurring RolesEdit
- Keith McLean on All My Children (1998)
- Javert in Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary (2010)
- Reginald in Sex and the City 2 (2010)
- Reverend Tucker in Preaching to the Choir (2005)
Nominations & AwardsEdit
- Nominated for 2012 Tony Award in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical for The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess
- Nominated for 2012 Drama Desk Award in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Musical for The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess
- Nominated for 2012 Drama League Award in the category of Distinguished Performance for The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess
- Nominated for 2012 Outer Critics Circle Award in the category of Outstanding Actor in a Musical for The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess
- Nominate for 2005 Drama Desk Award in the category of Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical for the musical Dessa Rose
- Norm released his first solo album This is the Life in 2008 under the Seahorse Productions label.