|Date of Birth:||January 31, 1977|
|Birth Place:||The Bronx, New York City|
|Full Name:||Kerry Marisa Washington|
|Hair color:||Dark Brown|
|First appearance:||Sweet Baby|
The daughter of Valerie, a professor and educational consultant, and Earl Washington, a real estate broker.
Kerry graduated from the Spence School, in New York City in 1994. She later graduated Phi Beta Kappa from George Washington University in 1998 with a double major in Anthropology & Sociology. She also studied acting in New York City at Michael Howard Studios.
She is at times referred to as a political activist and was a supporter of Barack Obama's presidential candidacy. Washington has also spent time volunteering through the Adopt-a-Classroom program in New York as well as with Co-Op America, now known as Green America. Washington also spoke at the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Kerry is know for her roles as Ray Charles's wife, Della Bea Robinson, in the film Ray (2004), as Idi Amin's wife Kay in The Last King of Scotland, and as Alicia Masters in the live action Fantastic Four films: Fantastic Four (2005) & Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. She starred opposite Jamie Foxx in the hit movie Django Unchained, which premiered in theaters on December 25, 2012. And in May 10, 2013 her latest movie was released, Peeples, with co-stars David Alan Grier and Craig Robinson.
- Grace Peeples in Peeples (2013)
- Broomhilda in Django Unchained (2012)
- Carolin McCall in A Thousand Words (2012)
- Lisa Mattson in Lakeview Terrance (2008)
- Alicia Masters in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
- Kay Amin in The Last King of Scotland (2006)
- Alicia Masters in Fantastic Four (2005)
- Jasmine in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)
- Della Bella Robinson in Ray (2004)
- Fatima Goodrich in She Hate Me (2004)
- Julie in Bad Company (2002)
- Chenile in Save the Last Dance (2001)
- Host of SNL (Saturday Night Live) 2013 (one episode)
- Princess Shuri (voice) in Black Panter (TV mini-series) (2010)
- Chelina Hall in Boston Legal (2005-2006)
- Allie Lawrence in Law & Order (2001)
- Maya Young in NYPD Blue (2001)
- She is 5' 4.5" (1.64m) tall.
- Attended Spence School with Gwyneth Paltrow, Emmy Rossum and Sally Pressman.
- Kerry was engaged to actor David Moscow from October 2004 to March 2007.
- She has Native American ancestry.
- Is an only child; her mother is of Jamaican descent.
- As a sort of souvenir or memento, Kerry usually tries to keep something from every character that she plays, such as an item of wardrobe or a piece of furniture from the house the character lived in.
- Contrary to her character Olivia Pope who is apolitical, Kerry is a Democrat.
- Married San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on June 24,2013.
- → See and enjoy 29 pictures of Kerry Washington at Images of Kerry Washington.
Click on any or all of the links below to view more information about Kerry Washington and a full filmography.
- Kerry Washington on IMDB
- Kerry Washington on Wikipedia
- Click here to tweet with Kerry Washington
- Click here to connect with Kerry Washington on Facebook