Keiko Agena – born October 3, 1973 in Honolulu, Hawaii – is an American actress who portrayed Press Secretary Britta Kagen in the epic season 2, episode 8 episode – Happy Birthday, Mr. President – on ABC's Scandal.
Keiko is married to Shin Kawasaki; they married on December 19, 2005 in a helicopter over Las Vegas, NV.
She has two cats, enjoys riding her motorcycle around Los Angeles and participating in an Asian-American theatre company called Hereandnow.
Keiko is best known for her role on The WB’s hit series, Gilmore Girls where she played Lane Kim, a Korean-American teenager who is the best friend of Rory Gilmore, one of the lead characters. She played the role despite being significantly older than her character who was 16 at the start of production when she was 27.
TV Recurring RolesEdit
- Yori (voice) on Kim Possible (2003-2007)
- Lane Kim on Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)
- Leila Foster on Felicity (2000)
TV Guest RolesEdit
- Dr. Cheng on House M.D. (2010)
- Kelly on Castle (2010)
- Mrs. Vasquez on ER (2009)
- Sister Amy on Private Practice (2007)
- Kimiko on Without a Trace (2006)
- An-Soo 'Alison' Kim on Strong Medicine (2001)
- Mearing’s Aide in Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
- Private Hailey Hamamori in Major Movie Star (2008)
- Jun Ni in Hair Show (2004)
- She has explained, to pronounce her last, think of the word 'again'.
- Keiko was named a Presidential Scholar in the Arts.
Awards & NominationsEdit
- Award: In 2002 she won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Drama Series as a Supporting Young Actress for her role in Gilmore Girls
- Nominations: In 2001, 2002 & 2003 she was nominated for a Teen Choice Award as the Teen Choice Sidekick for her role in Gilmore Girls