|Date of Birth:||October 18, 1947|
|Birth Place:||Harlem, New York City, New York, United States|
|Full Name:||Joseph Thomas Morton|
|First appearance:||Snake in the Garden|
He was born in The Bronx, a borough of New York City, New York. He is the son of Evelyn, a secretary, and Joseph Thomas Morton Sr., a US Army Intelligence officer. Because of his father’s profession, he spent parts of his childhood in West Germany and Okinawa. He graduated from Hofstra University in the village of Hempstead, New York.
Joe married, in October 1984, Nora Chavooshian the production designer for the film The Brother from Another Planet (1984). The couple have three children; daughters, Hopi and Set and son Ara as well as a grandson named Moses.
Joe made his Broadway debut in the play "Hair", appeared in "Salvation". He has appeared in over 70 feature films, made for TV movies and movie mini-series. He best known for his role as Dr. Miles Bennett Dyson in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) and as Cabel Cab Chamberlain in Blues Brothers 2000 (1998) based on upon the late Cab Calloway. He has made many television guest and recurring appearances including his role as Dr. Steven Hamilton in the first two seasons of The CW's Smallville and his role as Henry Deacon on SyFy's hit series Eureka.
- Joe was listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1985" in John Willis' Screen World, Volume 37."
Awards & Nominations
- Awards (Won):'
- 1974 – Theatre World Award: for his role in "Raisin"
- 1990 – NAACP Award: for his work in "Equal Justice"
- 1993 – NAACP Award: for his work in "Tribeca"
- 2014 - Emmy: Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series
- 2014 NAACP: Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- 1974 – Tony Award: Best Actor in a Musical for "Raisin"
- → See and enjoy 82 pictures of Joe Morton at Images of Joe Morton.
Joe Morton and Nora Chavooshian
Joe's - Behind the Scenes Photos
- Follow Joe Morton on Twitter @JOEtheMORTON