|Date of Birth:||August 16, 1955|
|Birth Place:||Highland Park, Illinois USA|
|First appearance:||Sweet Baby|
At a young age, his elder sister Jo took him to an audition at Ravinia Festival where American Conservatory Theatre was staging Luigi Pirandello’s Six Characters in Search of an Author. He auditioned and got the part.
Jeff was married to actress Laurie Metcalf from 1983 to 1992; they had one child together, a daughter named Zoe Perry born in 1984. Jeff is currently married to Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal casting director Linda Lowy; together they have one child, a daughter named Leah.
While he is best known as police inspector and diehard Grateful Dead fan Harvey Leek opposite Don Johnson on the police show Nash Bridges, he was also Kevin Bacon's superior in the thriller Wild Things.
In 1974 Jeff, along with actors Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney began performing plays informally in a church basement in Highland Park. In 1975 the group became incorporated and named their theatre group The Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
Jeff has also been in multiple stage productions. They include Time of Your Life (in San Francisco and Seattle), Grapes of Wrath (on Broadway and in London), and The Caretaker (on Broadway). He also starred in the Tracy Letts play August: Osage County on Broadway, which originated with his theatre company in Chicago.
- He is an instructor at The Steppenwolf Theatre School West in Los Angeles, California.
- He was nominated for a 1983 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Supporting Role in a play for Cloud Nine and Awake and Sing! at Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Jeff was classmates with fellow co-founders of The Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney.
- He replaced John Billingsley in the role of Terrence Steadman in the FOX television series Prison Break.
- His father was a teacher at Highland Park High School.
- → See and enjoy 107 pictures of Jeff Perry at Images of Jeff Perry.