|Date of Birth:||December 30, 1964|
|Birth Place:||Little Rock, Arkansas, United States|
|Full Name:||George Young Newbern|
|First appearance:||"Crash and Burn"|
George Young Newbern is an American actor and voice actor who portrays Charlie on ABC's Scandal.
George attended Northwestern University where he met his future wife, Mariette DePrima in 1986. They both graduated with a degree in Theatrical Arts.
He married Marrietta DePrima; they married in 1990 and have 3 children, 2 girl and a boy. Their first daughter Emma was born June 26, 1995; their second daughter, Mae, was born on September 19, 1998 and their son, Ben, was born November 15, 2003.
- He has worked with fellow Scandal actress Kate McGregor-Stewart (Mary) in Father of the Bride (1991) and Father of the Bride Part II (1995), they played mother and son.
- He replaced Tim Daly as the voice of "Superman" on Justice League (2001) because Daly became involved with the new TV version of "The Fugitive" (2000). Daly had previously done the voice of "Superman" for Superman (1996) the animated series.
- Has gone to fan conventions with the rest of the cast of Justice League to sign autographs for fans.
- Has played the same character (Superman/Clark Kent) on three different series: Static Shock (2000), Justice League (2001) and The Batman (2004).
- Has been the voice of Final Fantasy VII main antagonist Sephiroth in all of his appearances except one.
- George was promoted to series regular for the final season of Scandal. 
- → See and enjoy 39 pictures of George Newbern at Images of George Newbern.
- George Newbern on IMDB
- George Newbern on Wikipedia
- Click here to tweet with George Newbern
- Click here to connect with George Newbern on Facebook