Brendan’s parents are a former nun and former priest who fled Brooklyn and the church to marry and teach Philosophy.
After fascinating but failed stints as a prom photographer and a telephoning salesman he left Baltimore for New York and eventually headed to Los Angeles.
Brendan’s songs are often about people who meet at street level and are primarily interested in escaping into bottles or beds. The music is folk; the sort of folk that you require to get you through a bad hangover or a broken heart; or into a binge or an unwise encounter. His songs are cautionary tales, post-love autopsies, wise-ass seductions, and ruminations on bad behavior delivered with candid whimsy, gallows humor and endlessly satisfying rhymes.
TV Recurring RolesEdit
- Eli Loker on Lie to Me (2009-2011)
- Tyler Ford on The Middleman (2008)
- Andy Goode on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)
TV Guest RolesEdit
- Wade Moore on Covert Affairs (2012)
- Marc Freston on Body of Proof (2012)
- Alex Conrad on Castle (2011)
- Jason Barnes on Without a Trace (2006)
- Eli on Angel (2004)
- Carl in Deep in the Valley (2009)
- Charlie in Heavy Petting (2007)
- Peter in Ordinary Sinner (2001)
- Brendan sings his songs solo with a backing band, under the name The Brendan Hines. In early 2008, he released an album of 10 original songs, "Good For You Know Who."
- IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385639/
- Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Hines
- Personal Website – The Brendan Hines