While growing up, she wanted to take ballet lessons, but her mother refused and put her in taekwondo with her brothers where although she hated the idea of fighting, ironically she loved it so much that she earned a black belt, and was named an All-American Scholar in ninth grade.
She started being home-schooled in the fourth grade and earned her high school diploma at the age of 16. She studied Business while in college at a community college and took online courses from the University of Berkeley, with a major in psychology and a minor in business. Brenda participated in the 13th Annual Race to Erase M.S. charity event by modeling clothes. She ws the celebrity endorser of Disney Cruise Lines in 2010 and also became the spokesperson of the clothing brand Op in 2011.
Brenda has been described as one of “young Hollywood’s most promising rising stars” and a “young phenomenon on the rise” by media outlets.
She best know for her role as London Tipton, the hotel owner's spoiled daughter, in the Disney channel's sitcom The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (2005). Brenda has become a familiar face to Disney channel viewers.
Brenda started in show business as a child fashion model in San Francisco after being spotted in a shopping mall by an agent from a modeling school. Her early television work included roles in the TV show Fudge (1995) and in Nickelodeon’s 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd (1999). After many commercials and television roles in the late 1990s, Brenda won a Young Artist Award for her performance in The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000). She made her screen debut in Santa with Muscles (1996) and appeared in 20th Century Fox’s Like Mike (2002).
Before beginning production on the new series, she had a recurring role as the hip and trendy Tia on Phil of the Future (2004). She also starred in the top-rated Disney Channel Original movies Stuck in the Suburbs (2004), the mystery Get a Clue (2002) alongside Lindsay Lohan, and The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) with Hallee Hirsh and Spencer Breslin.
TV Recurring Roles
TV Guest Roles
- TV Guide listed her in its 2008 list of "13 Hottest Young Stars to Watch."
- She was ranked No. 5 in Forbes Hollywood's Top-Paid Tweens list in 2006; getting paid an estimated $5.5 million.
- Voted on Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars under 25 in 2005 & 2006.
- Ranked No. 10 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch "future stars of tomorrow" in 2006.
- Ranked #10 on the Maxim magazine's Asian Hot 100 of 2006 list.
- Ranked #5 on the Maxim magazine's Asian Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Ranked #3 on the Maxim magazine's Asian Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Brenda was named an All-American Scholar in ninth grade.
- Was voted the 12th Greatest Tween Star of all time by VH1 in 2007.
- Topped US Weekly's Ten Most Powerful Girls in Hollywood list in 2006.
- Was ranked #5 on Hollywood's Richest Kids list by People magazine (2006).
- Was ranked #7 on Hollywood's Richest Kids list by People magazine (2005).
- Was ranked #7 on Forbes List of the Top Young Earners (2006).
- She has a net worth of approximately $7 million dollars based on her movies, shows, and other works.
- She holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- She has a Maltepoo called Teddy; four turtles and two fish.
- Is a self-proclaimed total dork, she loves sampling international cuisine, shopping and studying. She is an avid Los Angeles Lakers fan.
- Her family immigrated to America from Laos in 1976.
- She speaks Hmong and Thai.
- Her mother is a homemaker and her father is a second-grade-teacher.
- Her younger brother Timmy is three years younger than her, and her other younger brother Nathan is eight years younger than her.
- CosmoGIRL! and Popstar! magazine called her the Queen of Disney.
- Her favorite kind of music is rock.
- Participated in the 13th Annual Race to Erase M.S. charity event by modeling clothes.
- Brenda was team captain for three summers in a row in the Disney Channel Games.